I have been planning to write this post since I have started (not so long ago) this blog.
So here a list of food you should absolutely try if you are in Carlo forte (my mouth is already watering).
1) Focaccia Carlofortina: you can eat plain or filled with cheese, ham, mortadella and thousand of other variations.
2) Farinata di ceci o Fainè: which is like a focaccia made with chickpeas flour.
My favourite place is La Pizzeria Da Gerolamo (Piazza Carlo Emanuele III 25, Carloforte, Italy). I buy both focaccia and fainè there, they bake them (and pizza as well) in a huge wood stove and you can enjoy the food sitting in a lovely Piazza and watching people strolling and chatting.
Here just some suggestions:
– Tuna Appetizer: here you find bottarga, musciame, tuna heart, figatellu e tunigna. They are several parts of the tuna prepared in very different ways. Delicious!
– Linguine with tuna, olives, pecorino and capers
– Spaghetti alla tabarkina: with tuna, olives, tomato sauce, anchovies, capers and garlic.
– Tuna mousse: to eat on bread or focaccia
4) Cas-ca (couscous) with vegetables or with fish: the best one is here http://www.luigipomata.com/nicolo/default.asp. Nicolo is famous as the best restaurant in Carloforte and every food you are going to eat here, it’s going to be memorable!
5) Carloforte salad: made with gallette carlofortine, tomatoes, tuna and eggs. Add oil and salt and linger on this summer taste.
There is thousand of other recipes to taste in Carloforte but these are my favourite ones.